Monday, June 16, 2008

Pop Trippin a.k.a Dad

My dad is really something. He is by far one of the corniest men I know. Pop Trippin is what my dad once coined himself to fit in with his cool hip kiddos. We (my brothers and I) all loved the name and it stuck. We love to bring it up on special occasions, like Father's Day.

I'm so thankful for the father I have. The Lord has blessed me with a great dad. He has been a great provider and encourager. He always knew how to stand firm in the midst of adversity. He helped me to fight so many battles and conquer one victory after another. My dad has always believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. He is my biggest cheerleader. My dad truly cares about his children. He always worked hard so that he could provide food, clothing, shelter and education to all his kids. He always showed us he loved us by giving us the things we needed and sometimes the things we wanted. My Dad has played a huge role in establishing a strong spiritual foundation in my life. He was faithful in taking me to church every Sunday and I found my heavenly Father there. It is amazing how God can use anyone or any situation to bring you to HIM. Thanks dad for being the best dad you knew how to be! Thank you for sacrificing things you wanted for our happiness. I'm so thankful for you!


"Train up a child in the way which he should go
and when he is old he will not depart from it"
Proverbs 22:6


Happy Father's Day! I love you daddy, dad, papi, pop trippin, crazy dad, father blogger...!





No comments: