Monday, September 15, 2008

Ike didn't take a hike so...

We headed to good ole San Antone.

Ike gave us a great reason to take a fun road-trip to see my long lost brother. As you all know evacuating for Rita was a horrible nightmare, but this time it was not nearly as bad. My roommates, Erin and Jen caravaned with my mom and brother, Shawn, all the way to San Antone. We took the long round about way. We picked up Erin in Sugarland and then went on our way taking 59 South to Highway 90 all the way to I10. It was a little bit frustrating when they kept blocking highway entrances though. It was a smart decision to go out of our way because we missed the traffic, but it added an hour to our road trip. We left at 6:30 and arrived in SA at 10:30. Not too shabby, friends! I would also like to add that it's somewhat hilarious that I have celebrated 2 birthdays in my 20's evacuating.

All in all, we enjoyed a restful break from the hustle and bustle. I'm sad that it took Ike to make us stop, be still and appreciate life's blessings.

3 comments:

Becky Kiser said...

I thought the Rita evacuation was fun... not a night mare! ;)

Becky Kiser said...

I thought the Rita evacuation was fun... not a night mare! ;)

Paula said...

I guess I should have clarified. The traffic was a nightmare the company was fun and quite pleasant. The best part of Rita was celebrating my birthday in a hotel, opening cool presents, and having the Happy Birthday song sung to me in the lobby...all while waiting for the manager Nils fought with to get Kelly's bathing suit back. Now, that was the fun part.