Tuesday, June 16, 2009

One Year Down

I don't know how to be excited that this school year is over when I have to think about loosing my wonderful 8th graders. Many of you have asked me throughout the year, "how is teaching going?" and I could have probably chewed your head off. I know it was rough, but I appreciate you. Thanks to everyone that allowed me to vent. It truly is a love hate relationship, but I have grown to love it more than I hate it. I learned A LOT this year.

I would have to say that I did fall in love with my students. They are the main reason I'm a teacher today and the reason I love this job. I can do without everything else (those of you who are teachers know what I'm talking about ;). However, there are a few exceptions to every rule, but let's not talk about those- it's not the rule just the exception. I truly will miss my 8th graders who are growing up and moving on to high school. Oh, must I mention that my students received 95% passing on their 8th grade Social Studies TAKS (this was their first year to have a Social Studies class)! They are awesome! Way to go AMIGOS!


My dear eighth graders,

I’m so glad that I had you as my first eighth grade class. It started out a little rough, but you made it. I’m so proud of you! You have learned so much this year, especially in Social Studies. The first day you came in, you knew nothing about U.S. History. I’m confident to say that you now know something. I’m going to miss you! You are a very intelligent group of students and I know that you will be great at whatever you set your mind to. Remember not to fall into the Hispanic statistics we talked about. You are better than a high school drop out. You have a future. You can be the first Latino(a) President, a thriving Latino(a) brain surgeon, a brilliant Latino(a) architect, a phenomenal Latino(a) lawyer or whatever you dream to be. I hope to hear from you often and receive an invitation to your high school graduation. I believe in you! I can’t wait to see what God has planned for you. Always remember, if you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Love,
Ms. Tripputi

“Thirty years from now, it won’t matter what shoes you wore, how your hair looked, or the jeans you bought. What will matter is what you learned and how you used it.”



Here are some of my favorite moments this year:



Baby Think It Over Program


AMIGOS Middle School Team (Thunder Cats-Hoeeeee)


8th grade gift to APV



8th grade field trip to Discovery Green-YES on the Metro!



Lauren, my future Latina President :)



waiting for the Metro



silliness at it's best






The Ladies-oh and Marco (a.k.a Mr. De La Fuente)



8th grade fun pic-well the teachers were having fun :)



APV Soccer Team-GO PUMAS!!!


The Shady Bunch vs. The Non-Stop Dance Crew
(monthly celebration entertainment-our own version of America's Best Dance Crew)


APV Middle School Rock Band-another wonderful monthly celebration :)


PTL, I have one year down and many more to go. My wonderful boss said the other day..."I need an experienced teacher..." (he was referring to me).

No comments: