Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother

The Lord has truly blessed me with a wonderful mom. She has sacrificed so much for her children. She has put our needs before her very own. She has loved us with a sacrificial love. She listens to my drama and my life's complaints. She encourages me when I'm sad. She prays for me, challenges me, and believes in me. I have watched my mom overcome so much of life's struggles and she continues to walk mightily. She is an inspiration to me. She is a woman of strength!


A WOMAN OF STRENGTH

A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape, but ...
A woman of strength kneels in prayer to keep her soul in shape.
A strong woman isn't afraid of anything, but ...
A woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear.
A strong woman won't let anyone get the best of her, but ...
A woman of strength gives the best of her to everyone.
A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future, but ...
A woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be God's blessings and capitalizes on them.

A strong woman walks surefootedly, but ...
A woman of strength knows God will catch her when she falls.
A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face, but ...
A woman of strength wears grace.
A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey, but ...
A woman of strength has faith that in the journey she will become strong.


I love you, mom! Happy Mother's Day!





1 comment:

Jen Lewis said...

You are now in my slideshow friend! I am going to miss you!!!