Monday, December 1, 2008

Yum Yum in My Tum

I felt great after working out tonight and thought that I should cook something healthy. Most of you know that I'm not a chef by any means, but that I love to eat-especially pizza. Well, it started this Thanksgiving when my dad gave me props on being ahead of the game. He told me that when my mom and him got married my mom didn't know how to cook anything. Their meals consisted of toast, tea, and soup. I'm thrilled that I'm ahead of the game because that means that I will win eventually. Right?

Okay, so here is how my little concoction came to be: I bought mushrooms the other day just because I felt like something different in my salad. Well, it turns out that I don't really enjoy them in my salad all that much, so I have been thinking of other ways to eat them (they were about to expire). I tossed some mushrooms in a pan, cooked some rice, tossed in some leftover Thanksgiving green beans and stirred it all together with some chicken. My first thought was I like mushrooms, I like rice, I like chicken, I like green beans...it must make a great combination. It turned out that I was right, the combo works! I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I'm really excited about lunch tomorrow.





Do you have a favorite concoction that you would like to share?

2 comments:

Becky Kiser said...

i think you might be ready to cook next time you come over! :)

Melanie said...

Paula,

I noticed the read spoon rest in your picture. Is that from Target? I think I just recently bought that same spoon rest.

Also, your creation looks yummy :)

Some of my favorite creations start with pasta and canned, diced tomatoes - you can add whatever you want to the tomatoes - herbs, MUSHROOMS, olives, cooked chicken, etc and then mix it with the pasta, put some cheese on top and it's so good and quick to make